Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Saying Goodbye

In just a few short weeks we will be saying goodbye to Longview. We have accepted a position in Garland. We are very excited about the opportunity but on the other hand it is very hard to say goodbye.

The past few weeks have made me very sentimental. Ive been thinking alot about our life here the past 5 years.

I remember... the day I got a call from Tim telling me about his call from Pastor Carter and how Tims brother had sent his resume without him knowing.

I remember... thinking where is Longview and what kind of town is Longview.

I remember... driving through it for the first time and it was love at first sight.

I remember... getting the final call that we would be moving after thinking we were too young to have this opportunity.

I remember... that I was almost about to pop with Kaden when we moved here.

I remember... how LFA just loved on us and supported us and continued to do so through our 5 years here. We have grown so much over the time we spent here.

I remember... when we bought our first home here in Longview.

I remember... how we welcomed Karson to our family here in Longview.

I remember... the first time I met our friend Ms. Anita. How she came to the hospital to see Kaden when he was born. How she changed his diaper for the first time. How she paid us JK to watch Kaden the first time. How she rearranged her schedule when I was working and Tim was out of town and Kaden was really sick to watch him for me. How I have enjoyed our many lunches together. There are so many memories I have with this friend of mine and I will miss her.

I remember... watching the music team form and change and take shape. How this team supports and loves my husband and my family and how they work hard to honor Tim on his birthday. A wife of someone in ministry could not ask for a better team to support and love Tim.

We will truly miss Longview and the people we have met and love.