Friday, September 5, 2008

Easy Breezey Recipe #1

During my last visit with my family my Sister-in-law shared her new cookbook with me. It was full of easy recipes. If you are like me it is hard to come up with new idea's for dinner. I tend to get in a rut. I wrote some of them down and decided to start trying them once a week. Last night I tried the first one.


Breaded Pork Chops
- 1/4 cup original Bisquick mix
- 6 saltine cracker squares, crushed
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp water
- 4 boneless pork loin chops, 1/2 inch thick
- 3 tbsp. veg. oil


1. In a shallow container, mix Bisquick mix, crackers crumbs, seasoned salt and pepper. In another dish, mix egg and water.

2. Dip pork into egg mixture, then coat with Bisquick mixture.

3. In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook pork in oil 8-10 minutes, turning once, till done.




It was easy to prepare and fix. Over all time from start to finish was around 20 minutes.







I give it a B. I also have to say I am not a big pork fan unless it is pork from Pho.

No comments: