Quick Chicken Quesadillas
You will need:
- 1 package (6oz.) refrigerated cooked southwest-flavor chicken breast strips -- I purchased a rotisserie chicken for this recipe and it worked fine.
- 8 flour tortillas (6-8 inch)
- cooking spray
- 2 cups of finely shredded colby-monterey jack cheese blend (8oz.)
-1/4 cup sour cream
- small onion -- I purchased a bag of frozen onions already chopped.
- Jalapeno (Optional when serving kids. I cut separately and sprinkle on the adults tortillas. Also if you take the seeds out it is not as spicy.)
- Cooking spray -- I use a organic canola oil cooking spray
- Butter - Smart Balance
- onion powder and garlic powder
Chop onions and chicken. Saute them in butter in skillet. Break chicken up and put garlic and onion powder on it to taste. remove from skillet to bowl when heated. Clean out chicken and onion pieces. Leave flavor in skillet. Chop tomatoesand jalapeno. Mix the veggies together and sprinkle with lemon.
Keep skillet heated and spray with cooking spray. Butter tortilla and place it in skillet. Sprinkle cheese, chicken and veggie mix on tortilla. Top with another tortilla; spray top of tortilla with cooking spray.
Cook uncovered over medium heat 4 to 6 minutes, carefully turning after 2 minutes, until golden brown and cheese is melted. Repeat with remaining tortillas, cheese, chicken and veggie mixture. To serve cut quesadillas into wedges (I use a pizza cutter). Serve with sour cream and if desired additional salsa.
Tim loves this recipe I have made it many times. Tip: lay out everything in an assembly line because you have to work fast once you get started.