Monday, February 23, 2009

My Heart Is Heavy

Yesterday was a hard day emotionally. It was nice to see the Carter family celebrated the way we did.

I did not get to really enjoy the dinner due to my children not being on their best behavior. Karson is still not feeling well and Kaden well he was tired and hungry two things that do not mix with him. I finally gave up and took them to the back because I had food thrown, spilled, and other comical things that I will be able to laugh about one day. I was happy I finally made the decision to do that because Kaden played with his friends and Karson had some walking room and I was able to enjoy everything from the back.

I do want to say I was proud of Kaden. When we went to the back I told him the rules and even though the other kids were doing things he was told not to do he did not do them. He did not know I was watching him from a distance. He even told another little girl who was playing in the cake that he did not think it was a good idea.

I got home and put the kids to bed as fast as I could. Karson was asleep before I walked out of his room and Kaden was asleep in minutes.

Emotionally I know their are others going through more than me so I don't want to make it about me. I will just say my heart was heavy today.

I just want to say I am so proud of the way we celebrated Pastor Carter.

I think what made the most impact on me last night was when Tim was talking about Pastor Carter and said " How many Pastors would take a chance on a young 24 year old like me". Pastor Carter took a chance and heard from God and changed our lives forever. Ok now I am crying again. GOODNIGHT.


You can find more details about last night on Tims blog.

No comments: